Friday, January 2, 2015

The Best Peking Duck in Brisbane

The Pine and Bamboo  or "Billy's"  (as we like to call it ) is an unassuming  Chinese restaurant on Wynnum Road, Cannon Hill. My Husband's family has been coming here forever...20 or so years so the story goes for one reason only, Billy's Peking Duck.

Now don't get  me wrong the rest of the food is great but the duck is amazeballs!!!

Rumour has it that Uncle Ads has even gone and eaten a whole duck on his own.

Now I might not be a Peking Duck expert, I've only eaten it at Billy's and Flour Drum in Melbourne but i'm pretty sure it would be impossible to get any better. My favorite part is the sauce which can only be described in my own naughty way "Its so good I could stick my #$%^in it", yes I told you it was naughty.

So between Christmas and New Year, Husband and I, Uncle Ads and Chloe and friends Phil and Haylee joined us for "no special occasion duck".

We basically order the same thing EVERY time.

Wontons (you have to get these) and spring rolls too start.

Then the Peking Duck pancakes

Sweet & Sour Pork, Mongolian lamb and the 2nd course of the duck which was duck noodles.  Phil and Haylee picked the last main so we tried something new which was schezwan beef,

We didn't get too many pics tonight, just pictures of the mongolian lamb, schezwan beef and my  first duck pancake.




Definitely give this place a try, and if you don't like it...well your nuts!



Pine and Bamboo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment