Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Years Eve Perfection at Aria Without the Kids

Rewind to New Years Eve 2013, I was 9 million months pregnant and we sat at home waiting for "Extraction Day" which was scheduled for the 3rd of January. With nothing better to do then facebook stalk what our friends were doing that night it became clear what I wanted to do next year.

So with literally 12 months in the making we decided that we would have dinner at Aria's for New Years. Well that's half true....it wasn't until we had our anniversary dinner there in October and saw a flyer for their New Years Eve dinner I remembered my great idea....and then  I procrastinated until a .few days before Christmas and finally booked it in.

But its not about why or when with Aria, its all about the food. I often say to my husband that if we won lotto I would eat at Aria for every meal, and New Years dinner did not disappoint. So tonight we had no kids...yes no kids, sorry Chloe but Aria isn't really a kids friendly place, I have enough respect for my fellow diners to not ruin their experience. As well us the usual Uncle Ad's and the Husband we also had my Mother-in-Law with us.

Enough small talk, lets get on the important stuff, so dinner was technically 3 courses, however with all the little extra's it really is more than that and you really do leave feeling satisfied.

We arrived about 20 minutes before our sitting time and went to wait in the bar with a cocktail and some beers, unlike my cocktail earlier in the week, this was everything that a cocktail should be.

 
The cocktails and beer were served were served with a small bowl of olives which was a nice touch.
 
 
Once the cocktails were finished we were taken to our table, given it was a set menu for the evening - 5 options for each course I had already drooled over the menu since we booked and I knew exactly what I wanted. However a nice surprise was a little starter that came out before our entrée and bread.
 
 
It was some sort of "cracker" that was made out of squid ink, the toppings were hummus and something else I can't remember. The main thing t was they were delish and  I was about to forget about  the rest of the meal, I just wanted a few plates of these.
 
 

 
 
 
For entrée we had the following:
 

TUNA - seared and tartare with radish, capers and anchovy mayonnaise
 




PORK BELLY grilled sweet pork belly, crackling with blood peach and currant chutney 
 
 
For our mains
 
DUCK roast breast with witlof, turnips and toasted buckwheat
 
 
 
BEEF roast fillet with glazed shallots, pommes purée, sautéed mushrooms and red wine jus 
 
 
 
My husband always threatens to come to Aria and just order 4 bowls of the mash, tonight was just as good as always.
 

For Dessert

MANGO mango mousse with lime and black sesame ice cream
 
 
 
 
 
 CHOCOLATE Valrohna chocolate pavé with banana and chocolate sorbet, salted caramel peanuts
 
 
 
PINEAPPLE blueberry poached pineapple, coconut sorbet and toasted meringue
 
 
 
 
 
The meal was finished with petite fours and coffee. I can't fault this meal in anyway at all and it was a great way to end 2014. I just can't wait to get back to Aria in 2015.
 
 
 

Aria Brisbane on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment