Friday, January 2, 2015

A Brisbane icon disappoints and for the first time in my life I didn't enjoy a cocktail!!

Whilst many people were lucky enough to be enjoying a break over the festive season I had to work. Now on the upside I got to do something special that I wouldn't normally get to do on an average working week, have lunch with the husband and Chloe.

So I was pretty excited about my visit and we decided to head to Jojo's in the Queen Street Mall.

Miss Chloe took a serious interest in menu:






And in the end I ordered the Pad Thai, which is my JoJo's staple. To husbands disappointment they no longer served his favorite Thai Chicken so he ordered a steak. I then made a sneak to the bar and ordered a drink.

Now this is where is all goes down hill... 10 minutes later and Clint's steak was on the table...but no cocktail and no pad thai.




Now there is a reason why the steak came out so quick. See the receipt which shows the order and a picture of the steak and you can clearly see what the issue is. Luckily he isn't phased by a bit of mooing and enjoyed what was a nice tasting steak.



So another 10 minutes passes and my hour lunch is ticking away, just as I'm about to follow up on the drinks and the food out comes my drink and wow am I oohing and ahhing.



My excitement lasted until my first sip., when I tasted what could only be described a straight red and green vodka, nothing like the description on menu which was "Midori, vanilla Galliano, Belvedere vodka, a splash of cherry juice, sugar syrup and sour mix go into this cocktail bursting in flavor!". It was so bad that it was undrinkable and I ended up getting some lemonade to mix it with it so I could get it down.

Shortly after....and when I mean shortly I mean 25 minutes after I ordered my meal  it came out. Other than the delay there was nothing wrong with my meal and it was delicious. I was only disappointed that I had to scoff it down.


Now i'm sure I will be back, its Jojo's its one of those places that you always end up coming back too, next time I just hope its better.

Jo Jo's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment