Monday, December 29, 2014

Blackout Belissimo

It is not often that we head out on a weeknight for dinner, but the Thursday before Christmas we were hit with a  afternoon storm knocking out our power. It appeared our street was the only one around with no power so what else is there to do in a blackout but head out for dinner.

We kept it local and familiar and headed to Sugo Mi on Oxford Street, Bulimba.


We ordered fries to start, I know this sounds strange but I think I could go to Sugo Mi and just eat bowls and bowls of these fries. I think they must season them with some sort of garlic salt and they are divine.



The Aioli is similar I could just lick the bowl.

 

 



 
 
For the main course we ordered 4 pizza's to share, as we had the full crew tonight. All 4 kids, the husband and uncle ads.
 
 
Kids choice - Margherita with  Sugo, bocconcini, fresh basil & evo
 


Uncle Ad's Favorite - Quattro formaggi  with Mozzarella, parmigiano, gorgonzola, bocconcini, & fresh sage



 
My husband's usual order - the Pomordorini  with  smoked sugo, mozzarella, sopressa, cherry tomato, olives & basil 
 
 

 
My order was on the unusual side but all I can say is  wow. The Arrostita, with slow  roasted pork, caramelized onion, mozzarella, aged balsamic  & rocket





The verdict on the evening , service was very slow. Miss Chloe is well behaved when out and about, but the mains took so long  to come out she lost it. They weren't that busy so I'm not sure why the delay?


But the food, no complaints at all, a goo d solid YUM, this is one of those meals where one minute you have a table full of food and then next thing you have this:


Not a drop off food left.

Will we come back. for sure and Sugo Mi isn't all pizza, according to hubby and brother in law the other mains are also good, so I will just have come back again to give it a try.

POST NOTE

If you are looking for a great and easy dessert.

They also have great Gelato for eat in and have a little take away outlet at the back of the shop, my recommendation is salted caramel. I'll never eat Baskin Robbins again while I can have Sugo Mi gelato.

Sugo Mi Bistro & Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment