Sunday, December 14, 2014

A new entry in my top 3 places for breakfast in Brisbane


So yes we are out and about again for food….see I told you.

This morning it was just my husband Clint, my Brother in Law “Uncle Ads” and Chloe. So this morning we went a visited a place that came highly recommended by a good friend of ours Julian called The Rabbit Hole Cafe in Seven Hills.

 All’s I can say is Thanks You Jules, and I now have a new entry in my current top 3 breakfasts in Brisbane, with the other two places being  Little Sista Cafe  and Foxy Bean.


The menu had so many options, even with me being back and picky avoiding carbs:


 

 
So what did we have:

 




I had the Savoury Mince, which came with a poached egg, smashed avocado and roasted tomato, and 2 pieces of toast that my mouth was screaming at me to dip into the scrumptious mince. I also had a side of haloumi which was the only disappointment as far as the food goes, it was tiny tiny tiny and needed some more cooking.

 

 

Uncle Ads had the Potato Hash Cakes, which came with what seemed like a whole pig’s worth of bacon and a really tasty herbed sour cream. I had a tiny taste of the potato cakes and they reminded we of potatoish arancini balls. I think they would have been scrumptious to dip in the savoury mine

 

 


 

Clint had the “build your own breakfast”, with scrambled eggs, bacon, haloumi, potatoes has cake and a gorgeous onion jam chutney. His verdict on the haloumi was the same as mine…need a bit more cooking. He raved about the onion jam…I had a taste but it had nothing on my favorite which is at Cirque at New Farm.

 Miss Chloe – had a bit of everything, as you can see enjoyed it all and insisted on feeding herself which meant a quick shirt change after breakfast.



 

 
Score….now up until now you would be thinking this is a 10 out of 10…..

I gave it a 9/10 – the Haloumi brought the score down for me.

Uncle Ads and Clint both gave it a solid 8/10 and the reason why was the coffee. I skipped a coffee this morning, which was probably a good thing, both coffee’s which were Campos blend were very strong, even bordering on bitter.

So  we will definitely be back, so many more things on the menu that we would love to try, but maybe this time we will skip the coffee and try one of the frappe’s on the menu.
 
 
The Rabbit Hole Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    https://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1445259/restaurant/Brisbane/Spizzico-Kangaroo-Point
    https://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1732306/restaurant/Brisbane/Morningside/The-Rabbit-Hole-Cafe-Seven-Hills

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: https://www.urbanspoon.com/blogger-reviews/337/14125/Brisbane/Have-Kids-Will-Eat-Out-and-Travel.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kylie! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    https://www.urbanspoon.com/blogger-reviews/337/14125/Brisbane/Have-Kids-Will-Eat-Out-and-Travel.html

    Best,
    Greg

    greg@urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete